Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for anyone wanting to become an accredited first aider. Particularly appropriate to companies where HSE guidelines recommend a trained first aider qualified in first aid at work.
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions – to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack and use of aspirin, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
First aid at work (FAW) certificate, valid for 3 years. We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.